Thursday 21 September 2017

A Change in Proceedings

Hey there friends, and a bit of a change of pace here on the blog, with some big things happening. So, I just wanted to take the time to write a little something about what's gonna happen to this here gimmick.

Over the past few weeks, it has been increasingly difficult for me to keep up to date and content with the production of 'Noah's Best Wrestling of the Week'. Earlier this month, my studies have kicked back into action and, truth be told, they are kicking my ass quite consistently. I'm finding it harder to fit in all the required viewing, let alone the time to write up my report to a standard I feel fits with the series. Plus, all the accompanying stress that's coming at this point in my life is just truly wonderful through-and-through. 

I've gone over it in my head a few times now, and it is with a very heavy heart that I announce the discontinuation of the BWOTW series. For everyone that has supported me in any way over this year and a half or so doing this, I thank you tremendously. When I started off this thing, I very much expected it to be me rambling to myself mostly, but somehow, with a lot of help and a little bit of luck, this site has surpassed 5,000 pageviews. I wasn't too sure I'd manage to carry it past a year, but thanks to you guys, I've been able to do that. That time has seen my first Best of the Super Juniors, my first G1 Climax, the return of the Cruiserweights, superstar drafts'n'shakeups, the start of a UK division, a Mae Young Classic, #BROKEN Hardys, 6* matches, the return of Shane O'Mac, 100s of Superkicks, Kurt Angle coming home and Neville being a fucking machine. I do not regret ever doing it, but the time has come to make some changes. 

However, that's not to say this is the end. I fully intend to continue on creating Pro Wrestling Case Studies, Wrestlintroductions, tournament guides and thought pieces. With a big love of pro wrestling and not a lot of people to talk to it about, I greatly value the platform this site provides. At the heart of it, I really like to write and create content, and having this here is awesome. I have had thoughts on other series and things to do here on the blog, and hopefully with this refreshed state, they could become a reality.

So, business is changing around these parts. Things might not be produced on a weekly basis, but when I find something I want to write about, you can bet your bottom dollar that you'll be able to find it here. We might have to do some rebranding and a redesign, but it'll all be sorted soon.

One more time, thank you for all the support I have received over the past year and a bit of the BWOTW series. You can expect some new and exciting territory to be covered soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment